Monday, March 2, 2009

Some days are better than others

Today was not a good day... It started out really well with Sue getting the day off and getting to see her in the morning but quickly changed. My Dad lost his job today. No one I have ever known works any harder or with more loyalty than my Dad. I don't hesitate to think that he will find a great job and that things will work out for my family but this has made the current financial downturn look entirely different to me.

I have known for some time that it was bad, about one in ten give or take the state. I have even had friends around my age who have been laid off, so it was already personal for me on some level as well, but all of a sudden it seems harder.

It makes me question not just the current resolve of our country but the resolve of this young country for the next few years. If this recession gets really tough, and I don't think it will turn into anything like the 1930's with a 30% unemployment rate, but heaven forbid it does, I wonder if are ready to rebuild like our Great Grandparents and Grandparents did?

I just hope that today is just a bad day. And I hope that our economy comes back with a solid return soon enough and that it is not artificially inflated and therefore it is back with confidence for some time. Some days are better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment