Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I am learning about blogging. It appears that updates are bad, adding links to other peoples thoughts is popular and stating personal opinions is a must... Well, I am still learning so this will take some time.

I read something today that I just loved. I thought I would share it with my loyal 5 readers, although there only 4 said readers I know of one more unidentified reader who would rather remain ambiguous. (and I am perfectly fine with this)

I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.as used in the Book of Offices of the British Methodist Church, 1936

What I like most about this prayer is the covenant. It is a decision that we make as followers of Christ. We choose to follow the way of Jesus and a close reading of the Bible doesn't guarantee that we will be afforded any luxuries, safety, or securities just the promise of a relationship and a hope of something to come after this life. I want this year for this to be my prayer more and more, God not my will but thine. I choose to be content with your will. I want to be used by you God.

Happy New Year all! I hope 2009 is a year of growth for you as we become less and God becomes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment