Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Beloved Astros

A couple of facts about my Astros that you may not have known. They started as the Colt 45's (the gun)in 1962 then became the Astros in 1965 named after the space program in Houston. The first indoor stadium was the Astrodome. The initial plan was to leave the roof glassed so fans and players could see the skyline much like the field in Houston now Enron... I mean Minute Maid Park. The problem was the glare was so bad that they had to blacken the windows on the roof. This explains to me at least why it was probably the worst looking field back then. Also, we joined the National League the same year as the New York Metropolitans . Just a few facts about my beloved Astros. Come on March we are all waiting penitently.

No comments:

Post a Comment